I had once written about the effect of neuroticism and how Hollywood actors choose to play neurotic characters.
When I look at Abhishek Bachchan, since 2004, he played the con artist in “Bunty Aur Babli” and “Bluffmaster”, he got conned in “Dhoom 2”, his character wove a fantasy tale in “Jhoom Barabar Jhoom” and his character pretends to be gay in “Dostana”. Why do liars appeal to him?
When I look at Meenakshi Sheshadri, she has played a strong, no-nonsense woman in “Ghar Ho To Aisa” and in “Damini”. I haven’t watched much of her other movies, so this is the image I have of her.
Rajesh Khanna and Shahrukh Khan have played the romantic hero several times in their career, and were hugely popular with women filmgoers for the same reason.
This is why the versatility of Ranbir Kapoor appeals so much, and it makes me happy to see that he isn't typecast. He can take on just about any role and make the movie work for him. And for us. Remember what I once wrote about him?
When I look at Abhishek Bachchan, since 2004, he played the con artist in “Bunty Aur Babli” and “Bluffmaster”, he got conned in “Dhoom 2”, his character wove a fantasy tale in “Jhoom Barabar Jhoom” and his character pretends to be gay in “Dostana”. Why do liars appeal to him?
When I look at Meenakshi Sheshadri, she has played a strong, no-nonsense woman in “Ghar Ho To Aisa” and in “Damini”. I haven’t watched much of her other movies, so this is the image I have of her.
Rajesh Khanna and Shahrukh Khan have played the romantic hero several times in their career, and were hugely popular with women filmgoers for the same reason.
This is why the versatility of Ranbir Kapoor appeals so much, and it makes me happy to see that he isn't typecast. He can take on just about any role and make the movie work for him. And for us. Remember what I once wrote about him?
No comments:
Post a Comment